1. The Hirer shall take good care of and shall not cause any damage or permit or suffer any damage to the building or to any other parts thereof or to any fittings, equipment or other property therein and shall pay for any damage thereto (including accidental damage) caused by any act of neglect of himself, his servants, agents or any person resorting to the building by reason of the use of the hired premises by him. (Note it is suggested that in the Hirer’s own interests he arrange private insurance to cover all such damage). No ball games.
2. The Mellor Brook & District Community Centre Committee (hereafter “MBCC”) does not accept any responsibility whatsoever attributable to any damage or loss by fire, theft or from any other cause, to any articles or other belongings brought into the building for sale, exhibition or for any other purpose.
3. The MBCC shall not be liable for any loss due to breakdown of machinery, failure of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God which may cause the premises to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
4. The Hirer shall, at the expiration of the hiring leave the premises in a clean and orderly state. In the event of a breach of this clause the Hirer shall pay to the MBCC any expenses incurred by it in cleaning and tidying the premises.
5. The premises must be used only for the purpose which they are hired. The Hirer may not sub-let or assign any portion of the building to any other person and must vacate the premises upon expiry of the period of hiring otherwise an extra charge at the agreed hourly rate will be made.
6. The Hirer will be responsible for providing adequate staff for the supervision, running and security of the function. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring such staff have familiarised themselves with the location and operation of fire extinguishers and fire exits.
7. The Hire shall be liable for and shall indemnify the MBCC in respect of any loss, damage or injury which may be incurred by or be done or happen to the Hirer or any person or persons in his employ or any injury which may be incurred by or be done or happen to the Hirer or any person or persons resorting to the premises by reason of the use of the hired premises by the Hirer.
8. The MBCC retains the right, at its discretion, to refuse to let the premises, or part, to any person or body.
9. The building will be licensed by the MBCC for Music and Dancing. The maximum number of persons who may be accommodated in the building is 110. Under no circumstances may this limitation be exceeded.
10. The booking of the Community Centre by any Hirer indicates acceptance of all these Standard Conditions of Hire. These conditions may not be varied in any way unless the Hirer receives written approval for such from the Bookings Secretary following sanction by a meeting of the MBCC committee.
11. It is a general policy of the MBCC that a hirer must be aged 25 or over.
12. The hirer is required to observe the terms of the 2003 Licensing Act. This sets out strict conditions over the sale of alcohol and the provision of entertainments. A copy of the Mellor Brook Community Centre Premises Licence is on display in the Foyer. Sale of alcohol is required to be supervised by the holder of a Personal Licence who in turn is authorised for the agreed event by the Designated Premises Supervisor. Alcohol may be consumed on the premises without the authorisation of a Licence Holder where the alcohol is provided at no charge. Two members of the Centre’s Management Committee hold personal licences: John Woolmington 01254 812226 and Seamus Heffernan 01254 812131. John Woolmington is the Designated Premises Supervisor.
Registered Charity No. 504047